This is Me

My photo
I am only sure of a few things. Jesus saves. Kansas is my home. I am intoxicated by the beauty of the sun. Oh, and I love you.

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Updates and lots of lovely music

 
 
Happy 2014!
 
So far this year has been fantastic.
I rang in the New Year with a several of my favorite people at the bowling alley.
My youth group had an all-nighter, it was pretty much the best fun ever. Of course, by seven in the morning we were all pretty loopy and ready to sleep, forever.
 
On New Years Day, we went to my grandparents and had our annual black-eyed peas dinner. Ya know the saying, 'Eat poor on New Years and eat rich the rest of the year.'
It was fun.
 
Christmas was good! We had everyone together this year, the house was full to the max, but we all had a lot of fun. My favorite gift is probably my Bible. It is purple and beautiful, I already love using it!
 
Here are some fantastic songs ya'll should listen to:
 
From Seth:
 
From Other Amazing People:
 
Funny Videos To Watch:
 
Yeah, Those are cool.
 
I am getting very, very excited about #summer14 in Ukraine. For reals, can this year get any better? :) I got my passport in the mail on Christmas Eve, so that was a good gift. 6 months isn't so far, right?!
 
Yesterday was my first day back to school, ugh, I like school, but I just really didn't want to do it this week, like at all. I read four chapters of Geography, it talked about Ukraine some so that was cool.
 
I read a lot this break and watched a lot of Christmas movies with Steven's mom, Annette. We probably watched around 18 movies and ate a ton of candy, crazy, I know. But it was fun. :) It is officially freezing over here in Kansas. I have mixed feelings about it. I like the beautiful snow, but I am happy when it gets warm enough to melt away. I don't know, I just adore the sun I guess. Summer can't come any faster for this girl over here!
 
Tonight, Janelle and I made attempted to make a gingerbread house. Haha, you wouldn't believe that anyone could make something that ugly. We had a lot of laughs though, and the frosting actually tasted decent for once!
 
I am reading three fantastic books right now, ones that you just don't want to put down 'cause they are so good. One, my friend Mary loaned to me and its called Sharing Jesus Without Fear, it puts a real interesting look on how to witness. My favorite parts are when the author says "There is no success, there is no failure, in God's kingdom when people obey Him and share Jesus." In one of the other books I'm reading there is a quote by Oswald Chambers "Waiting doesn't mean sitting around with folded hands, but to learn to do what you are told."
 
Lastly, Here is a worship song I've been listening to a lot lately. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something nice!