This is Me

My photo
I am only sure of a few things. Jesus saves. Kansas is my home. I am intoxicated by the beauty of the sun. Oh, and I love you.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

•for when you have no words and your mind is on replay•

Walks to Starbucks in your favorite jeans and happy shoes. 

Supper on the Suburban, right before a huge thunderstorm -- just because.  

Nephew and Uncle

Birthday cheesecake for Tear and Lucas 

The terrible rash I got after my first bell choir practice.. :( sad night all around, 

--everyone is beautiful, you just have to look-- 




___________________________________


I found some words in me. The past few weeks my life has been consumed with giving and giving and giving of myself until there is nothing left. And yet, there are always more people who need me. 

I'd started to get restless of this, of constantly running on empty. Until I realized one night as I was hearing testimonies of people who spent their summers giving. Of their time and resources. As I sat there, I came to the realization. These people, they weren't unhappy. They were filled with J.O.Y. They got restless sometimes, but they were happy to be empty, if that meant that someone else was full. 

My life isn't how I imagined it would be. I'm in a totally different place than I ever imagined being. But I've started to like it. Because if I'm empty, that means there's room for God. And if I'm empty, that means others are full. 

I think I like being empty too. 
Because in the end. 
I'm full too.
Full of Christ. 
-Jyc- 
___________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something nice!