This is Me

My photo
I am only sure of a few things. Jesus saves. Kansas is my home. I am intoxicated by the beauty of the sun. Oh, and I love you.

Saturday, June 29, 2013

And grace is amazing.

I was talking to a friend the other day who is struggling with something in his life. He had made some mistakes and now was left with the broken pieces, I had warned him of the consequences many times, but until now he didn't believe me. 

At the beginning of our conversation, I wasn't being sensitive to his feelings at all. I was judging him. It wasn't until near the end that it hit me. We all do things that we aren't proud of. I've done things I'm not proud of. I've been left to pick up the pieces, knowing full well that it was entirely my fault. I had been warned by loving family and friends and I had not listen. And who was there to fix my broken heart/life? CHRIST. Christ. Because His grace is amazing. Right then, I wrote to him, Yeah, we all make mistakes, we all say/do things we aren't proud of. We all hurt each other. But guess what? If you can forgive, you can live. And grace, grace is amazing. 

Christ having grace on us, should compell us to give grace to others. I gave grace to him that day. I showed him the grace of God. He has a long way left to go. He needs to ask many for forgiveness. He needs to forgive himself. And through the grace of Christ he can do it, because grace is amazing. 

God makes great things out of broken people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something nice!