This is Me

My photo
I am only sure of a few things. Jesus saves. Kansas is my home. I am intoxicated by the beauty of the sun. Oh, and I love you.

Monday, July 29, 2013

When your heart is half healed.

"God wants to be strong for you. He wants to show you His power. He wants to use your life to show others His power!" -- Lee Peterson, September 2012, 1 Chronicles 16:9, 2 Chronicles 16:11



When half of your heart is broken and half of it is healed. And you wonder if you will ever be whole again. The answer is, yeah you will be, and you know that because half of your heart is already healed and the rest is in progress. 

When you realize: that unless you let Christ be strong for you, healing won't come. It took me a year to realize that. A whole year of being broken and of being sad. To realize, the most simple thing, the one with you doing nothing but trusting, is what I needed. 

I'm not all healed. Half of me is still very sad. Half of me still looks back. Half of me still doesn't wanna believe. But the other half is trusting Christ and His strength. And I'm choosing to let my half-healed heart win. 



"You might be going through something hard. But here is the good news, Christ is in YOUR life!" -- Sam Slobodian, September 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something nice!